- How many students are enrolled at the school?
- We have 200 students each term.
- How many hours of lessons are there in a day?
- It depends on the course. The Japanese language classes are divided into two parts, which are held in the morning （9:10～12:40）and afternoon（13:30～17:00）. Please see each course's page for details.
- Which countries are the most students from?
- We receive students coming from an average of 35～40 countries per month. You can learn not only Japanese language and Japanese culture but also other cultures and customs after making friends from different countries. This has made our school popular among students.
- Are there any tests?
- Yes, you will have a final test at the end of the semester for Intensive and Conversation courses. As for the other courses, you will have a mini test and the schedule varies by classes and levels. Also we organize Kanji exams on a regular basis and many students chose to take them.
- Can I work part time while studying in Japan?
- A temporary visa doesn't allow you to work, but a study visa does for 28 hours per week if you apply to the immigration office for permission..
- Can I go to the college after completing the school courses?
- Yes, with some courses many students enroll in colleges or universities every year. . If you plan to advance to postgraduate school, university or two-year college in Japan, please feel free to consult with us.
- When do courses start?
- A new term starts in January, April, July and October. Depending on his or her level, the short-term students can start a course halfway through the course.
- What do I need to apply?
- It depends on the type of visa. (You just submit an application form at the school if you don't need a visa to land in Japan).
- What is the minimum age limit to study at Kudan.
- We accept all students over the age of 16 to study with us.
- What visa do I need to study at Kudan.
- There is a college visa for long term Japanese study, the tourist visa for short stay, the dependent visa for activities on the part of the spouse or child for those are already in Japan and a working holiday visa that allows you to stay up to 1 year and work in Japan. Please got to [About visa] page for details.
- When do courses start?
- The regular stating dates will be in January, April, July and October. Maximum enrollment is two years.
- What are the documents I need to submit and when do I apply?
- Visa preparation and application takes a half year to process. Many documents will have to be prepared. So please contact us.
- When do I have to prepare the documents by?
- Submission date of application form is held four times a year. As for the closing date for applications, please contact us at…
- Should I provide documents with Japanese translation?
- Japanese or English translation should be attached.
- Usually who can be a Guarantor?
- Guarantors are generally limited to immediate family members.
- How do you help students to achieve their academic goals?
- In our school we organize for students to attend University's open days and briefing sessions. If you have an idea what field you are interested in then we can help you to make decision through counseling.
- We also provide lessons for interviews and exams. So you don't have to worry about that.
- What should I prepare for my future academic pursuit?
- What's important is your attendance rate and Japanese ability. Those who want to apply to college should try an Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students. You need the equivalent of JLPT N1 to enter a college. Those who want to apply to a vocational school course; you need the equivalent of JLPT N2. Please choose your school in summer and then apply in the autumn.
- If I need any documents to proof my academic studies after I have left Kudan?
- You can apply for them via our web site.
- Are there any dormitories?
- Students choose between home stay and private dormitory accommodation. We will provide you with a private dormitory which is affiliated with our school. Please click here for more details.
- Can you give me a rough idea of how much I will need to live in Japan for 1 month?
- Home stay：￥20.000～￥30,000
Homestay students; average spending per student￥110.000～￥120.000
Guest house students；average spending per student￥130.000～￥140.000
These figures are the average amount. So please just use them as reference. Click here to find out more.
Internal Exchange participants
- What are the free talk sessions?
- The participants are divided into several groups and talk freely in Japanese. The topics will vary. Some topics are prepared to make it easier to talk with them. So please use them.
I do not speak a foreign language.
- In principle we will speak in Japanese during free talk time with Japanese.So it's not a problem even you cannot speak foreign language.
On the contrary, to improve your Japanese, please speak Japanese.
- May I apply for that?
- Anyone can be a member of our culture exchange. We will let you know via e-mail when we hold an exchange. Please participate in that if it is convenient to for you.
Does it cost?
- It's free of charge. Therefore when we do it outside of the school, please pay the expenses such as transportation fee yourself.
Can I apply for with my friend?
- Only Members can participate in exchange.
Copyright © 九段日本文化研究所 日本語学院(Kudan Japanese Language School) 2013 All Rights Reserved.