Japanese Cooking course
Collaboration course with Kudan
Would you like to learn how to cook Japanese food while learning the Japanese language? This course offers a variety of Japanese cuisines such as learning how to cook Japanese food made from soup stock, delicate ornamental sushi, and unique lunch boxes that you will be able to make for your family and friends even in your home country. Also, you will be able to learn the tradition and culture of Japanese food, as well as Japanese table manners in this course.
This course offers a variety of Japanese cuisines such as learning how to cook Japanese food made from soup stock, delicate ornamental sushi, and unique lunch boxes that you will be able to make for your family and friends even in your home country.
Japanese lesson + Japanese Cooking lesson.
- Course Schedule
- January 9 (Wed) – February 1 (Fri) .2019
- April 3 (Wed) – April 26 (Fri) .2019
- July 10 (Wed) – August 2 (Fri) .2019
- October 2 (Wed) – October 25 (Fri) .2019
- Wednesdays and Fridays (14:30-16:30)
- 8 people (the course shall open when 1 participant has joined)
- ・In case there will be less than 4 participants, chances are that outsiders (non-Kudan students) will join the course.
January 9 (Wed) – February 1 (Fri) .2019
April 3 (Wed) – April 26 (Fri) .2019
July 10 (Wed) – August 2 (Fri) .2019
October 2 (Wed) – October 25 (Fri) .2019
|1 month||For Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced|
Notice of Fee Revision
The new fee will be implemented from January 1, 2019.
Applications within 2018 will continue to correspond with the current price.
|1 month|| 158,000YEN(～2018)
Registration Fee,Text Book,
Japanese+Cooking course tuition
breakfast & dinner for weekdays,
3meals for weekends
|Guest House 65,000 YEN(Single room)～ / Month|
|Airport Pick Up||Arrival on Saturday||15,000YEN|
- Lesson① Sushi Lesson
- Learn the history of sushi
- Ingredients and tools for making sushi
- Make sushi (bowls and scrolls
- Lesson② Japanese Food・Japanese Soup Stock Lesson
- Challenge making dishes using soup stock
- Soup stock egg、make miso soup
- Lesson③ Japanese Food Tour・Udon Striking Lesson
- Learn about Japanese food ingredients through a supermarket tour
- Strike udon
- Lesson④ Japanese Confectionery Lesson
- Learn about the culture of the four seasons in Japan
- Make Japanese seasonal sweets
- Lesson⑤ Japanese Lunch Box Lesson
- Learn about the culture of Japanese lunch boxes
- Make Japanese lunch boxes
- Lesson⑥ Japanese Food・Side dish Lesson
- Learn about Japanese dining tables
- Choose a healthy side dish
- Lesson⑦ Decorative Rolled Sushi Lesson
- Make decorative rolled sushi like craftwork
- Lesson⑧ Japanese Party
- Showcase of what you have learned and achieved in the course
- Awarding of certificates
- Is it okay to join the course even if I cannot speak Japanese?
- Yes, it is fine. The teacher will be using Japanese and English in the lessons.
- I have no cooking experience. Is it still okay to apply to this course?
- Yes, of course. The course will teach you everything (from how to use the cooking tools) so please do not worry.
- I have dietary restrictions, is it still okay to join?
- Yes, that won’t be a problem.
- Is it possible to join from the middle of the course?
- No, it is not possible. All 8 lessons of the course are designed to learn about “Japanese Food”, hence, the curriculum does not allow participants to join from the middle of the course.
- Yes, that won’t be a problem.
- Where is the Cooking Studio?
- Commuting time is 20minutes by train and walk from Kudan Institute.