Tea Ceremony Course
Kudan will start a new “Tea Ceremony Course” starting Spring 2017.
You can take Japanese lessons(Conversation course) in the morning and Tea Ceremony lessons in the afternoon.
In this course, you can learn Japanese language and Japanese Tea Ceremony(Bontemae) at the same time. You will also learn about Tea Ceremony culture, how to make Tea, and how to serve Tea. We will give you a certificate of completion after finishing the 4-week course. Please enjoy the beauty of spring in Japan while you study Japanese in Kudan Institute.
※Bontemae, is also called “Obon temae” or “Bonryaku temae”. During Bontemae, we prepare all the required tools on the “Obon(tray)” and make tea. We will give you a Bontemae Tea Ceremony Set. It states that you can make tea in your home country.
Japanese lesson + Tea Ceremony Course
- Tea Ceremony course:8 lessons.
- Student should be Over 15 years old (High School students or older).
- Accommodation: Homestay or private dormitory.
- Capacity: 20 students
- Japanese Level: For Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced
April 03～April 26
| 1 month
|1 month||133,000YEN||+Bankcharge 4000YEN|
Registration Fee,Text Book,Bontemae Tea Ceremony set
Japanese+Tea-ceremony lesson tuition
Present : Tea Ceremony set for all participants
breakfast & dinner for weekdays,
3meals for weekends
|Guest House 65,000 YEN(Single room)～ / Month|
|Airport Pick Up||Arrival on Saturday||15,000YEN|
- Am I still eligible for the course without understanding Japanese at all?
- Yes, you will have no problem at all. The Japanese language course is designed for complete beginners exclusively and the Tea Ceremony course is taught both in Japanese and English.
- Not having experienced Tea Ceremony at all in my life, am I still eligible to join the course?
- Yes, you will have no problem at all. You can learn about Tea Ceremony from the basics.
- Can I participate in the course from the middle of the program?
- No, you cannot. The program is designed to progress gradually to accomplish the “Bontemae” by the end of the course, so no participation is allowed midway through the program.
Tea Ceremony lesson Curriculum
1.How to use the tools (4/5 Wed)
Introduciton（history of sado）
Performance by a teacher
How to use the tools
2.How to drink Usucha and How to eat Japanese Sweets (4/10 Mon)
How to handle Fukusa & Chakin
The Way of Tea
How to behave as a guest(How to eat Japanese sweets & How to drink Usucha)
3. How to make tea and the preparation (4/12 Wed)
Matcha & Japanese sweets
How to make tea and the preparation
4. How to Provide a tea for a guest (4/17 Mon)
How to provide a tea for a guest
5.How to do the OMOTENASHI and How to drink Koicha (4/19 Wed)
How to do the OMOTENASHI
About Ojiku, Incenses, Flower
How to drink Koicha
6. Chakai Extracurricular lesson (4/22 Sat)
7.Your Own Tea Ceremony (4/24 Mon)
Perform Bontemae by yourself
in front of the teacher.
Teacher will observe and will give feedback.
8. Graduation ceremony (4/26 Wed)
（Perform Bontemae in front of other students）
(We will give you a certificate of completion)
※The certificate of completion is a Kudan original certificate.