Student visa (study for more than 6 months)
This visa is issued to students studying at Japanese language schools, universities, and vocational schools.
Those who plan to study Japanese for 6 months to 2 years need to obtain a student visa.
*Beginners cannot apply for a visa for a 6-month course
- Ages 18 and over
- Graduated from a high school or higher educational institution
*Please contact us if you do not meet the conditions
- Student visa holders are required to take classes every day
- Student visa holders can work part-time up to 28 hours a week
The list of necessary documents
- Student visa application form ( School format )
- Personal record ( School format )
- Letter of paying expenses ( School format )
- Final school diploma
- Passport copy ( Photo page and Japan entry stamp pages )
- Your face photos <6 photos> Size : 4cm X 3cm ( Passport photo size )
- Your Guarantor’s bank balance certificate ( Need more than 1,600,000yen )
- Your Guarantor’s employment certificate
- Your Guarantor’s tax certificate ( Annual income must be written on it )
- Relationship certificate between you and your guarantor ( Birth certificate, Resident certificate and so on )
※ Depending on the circumstances, more documents may be required
※ It is not possible to download 1.2.3. on the school Wwb site. Therefore, please contact us using the inquiry form at first found below.
Student visa procedure
You can enroll four times a year in January, April, July, and October.
Please note that the visa application process will take some time.
Required documents and procedures are as follows.
|Procedure||Starting dates & deadline|
|Send necessary documents and processing fee to our institute. We will stop recruiting when maximum class numbers are reached||Aug ～ Oct||Jan ～ Feb||Mar ～ Apr||July～Aug|
|We translate and check all the documents you sent to us||Oct ～ Nov||Feb ～ Mar||Apr ～ May||Aug ～Sep|
|We hand your documents into Immigration Office in Japan||End of Nov||Mid of Mar||End of May||Mid of Sep.|
|Immigration Office checks your documents||Dec ～ Feb||Mar ～ May||May ～ Aug||Sep ～ Nov|
|When your documents are confirmed by Immigration Office, a Certificate of Eligibility (Permission from Japanese Government to be granted a Student visa) is issued||End of Feb||End of May||End of Aug.||End of Nov.|
|We invoice the rest of the fees (Registration fee and Tuition for 1 year, Maintenance fee & Social Activity fee)||End of Feb||End of May||End of Aug||End of Nov|
|Applicants remit the invoiced fee to our bank account||Beg of Mar||Beg of Jun||Beg of Sep||Beg of Dec|
|After confirmation of payment, we send the Admission Certificate and the Certificate of Eligibility to you||Mid of Mar||Beg of Jun||Mid of Sep||Mid of Dec|
|Applicants hand in the documents to apply for the visa at Japanese embassy||Mid of Mar||Mid of Jun||Mid of Sep||Mid of Dec|
|depart to Japan||Beg of Apr||Beg of July||Beg of Oct||Beg of Jan|
Employment ・ Proceed to higher education
Impressions from Student VISA holders
From the staff
Thanks to your support, Kudan Institute of Japanese Language & Culture is about to celebrate its 34th year in business.
This year, as in previous years, the Immigration Bureau has certified us as an "Excellent and Appropriate School (Yuryo tekiseiko)" with no illegal residents, no individuals with a revocation of status of residence, and no other violations. We are pleased to be certified as an "Excellent and Appropriate School (Yuryo tekiseiko)," and the certificate is available for viewing below.
We will continue to work hard to create an environment where everyone can learn Japanese with peace of mind.
We are all looking forward to seeing you at our school.