Policy for Handling the Novel Coronavirus
Added onApril 27 , 2020
In case the state of emergency is extended:
For the safety of students and staff, if the state of emergency is extended, all classes will be taught remotely via Zoom until the state of emergency is lifted.
Added onApril 20 , 2020
Regarding new measures for the start of spring semester
Our school has decided to carry out the make-up Japanese lessons properly as follows. This is based on the requirement by Ministry of Justice under the policy ‘Japanese Language Institutes must provide make-up lessons for lesson shortage by curriculum delay’ as a ‘Response by Japanese Language Institutes for novel corona virus’.
- For Intensive Course: There are classes on Saturdays in June
- June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th（13:30～17:00）
- For Conversation Course: There are classes on Saturdays both in May and June except May 2nd.
- May 9th, 16th , 23rd , 30th (9:10～13:35）
- June 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th（9:10～12:40）
Added onApril 13 , 2020
About the starting date of spring semester
In order to ensure the safety of students and staff, we have decided on the following.
However, depending on circumstances, this may change in the future.
If we change this schedule, we will let you know immediately.
- ・Spring semester will start from Tuesday, May 5th.
- ①The lessons will be provided only via zoom on May 5th (Tuesday) and 6th (Wednesday).
- ②The lessons will be provided at school and via zoom from May 7th (Thursday) . Students can choose either coming to school or taking a lesson via zoom.
- ・Spring semester will continue until July 3rd (Friday).
- Kudan Institute is currently implementing the following.
- ・Kudan staff is supporting students about study, daily life and mental aspects via zoom or emails.
- ・Considering further schedule details due to postponement of spring semester
Added onApril 6 , 2020
Our school’s response to the Japanese government’s declaration of “a state of emergency”.
We will be implementing the following measures.
- We will postpone the starting date of Spring semester.
※ We will decide the starting date after considering future situation.
- All school staff will work by teleworking for the time being, from Tuesday, April 7th, 2020.
※The end of teleworking will be decided according to circumstances.
- For new inquiries during the telework period, please use “Contact us” form at the top of the website.
Please note that it may take some time to respond to your inquiry. We appreciate your understanding.
We apologize for inconvenience to all customers.
Added on March 27th , 2020
Postponement of Spring semester
- In light of worldwide spread of corona virus and the self-restraint request form the governor of Tokyo,we will carry out the following measures.
- We will postpone the lesson starting date from March 31st to April 7th.
- Our school will provide lessons between May 4th and May 8th instead of the lessons between March 31st and April 3rd.
About students’ health condition management
- Students from the relevant nationalities designated by the Ministry of Justice for “Landing refusal to prevent the spread of new coronavirus infections”students coming from the regions or countries where the infection has spread / those who have traveled to the region will be able to commute to our school 15 days after coming to Japan.
- The above quarantined students must stay for 14 days at home after coming to Japan. During the period, our school lends a thermometer so that you can check your body temperature every day. If there is a fever of 37.5 degrees or more / a cold symptom, our school will ask the student to report it and we will also ask the student to take a medical treatment at a medical institute.
- New students / Temporary returnee students must report the arrival date to our school.
- In case of a cold symptom / a fever of 37.5 degrees or more can take a rest at home. Or can watch live streams of Japanese lessons at home through ‘ Zoom ‘
Added on March 23rd , 2020
Internet live stream of Japanese lessons using ‘ Zoom ‘
- Besides our actual Japanese lessons, starting the live stream of Japanese lessons for the sick students or the students who are concerned about rush hour commuting. This live stream starts from March 24th.
- Continuing this live stream service even from the next semester starting from March 30th too.
Accepting new students
- Based on the original schedule, we will have a school orientation for our new students.
- Each class lesson starts from March 31st ( The starting time of the conversation course is 9:10am, which is back to normal )
- Due to entry restriction by some countries, we will open a total beginner class from May 11th.
Added on March 6, 2020
1.School Closure for 1 week
- Due to the recent corona virus spread, we will close our school as below.
- March 9th (Mon) ～ March 13th (Fri)
- School office is open as usual.
- There are not any infected students at the moment.
2. Accepting new students
- Regardless of nationalities, our school asks each student to check health from 1 week before coming to Japan.
- If there is cold symptom such as fever (37.5 degree or more), cough and so on, we may ask you to postpone or cancel the school entrance.
3.Prevention for the students visiting Japan
- Properly managing health condition for 1week after coming to Japan
- Continuing thorough prevention
Uploading renewal information since Feb 28th
Added on February 28, 2020
(Numbers 2 and 3 have been added since February 19, 2020)
1.Class Schedule Changes
In order for students to avoid rush hour trains, from March 2, 2020 to March 27, 2020 the morning class times will be changed.
- 1st period 9:40-11:10
- 2st period 11:20-12:10
- 3st period 12:20-13:10
- We recommend wearing a mask if possible.
- Please wash and disinfect your hands.
- There is hand sanitizer on every floor.
- Between classes and during breaks, we are circulating the air.
- Every day we sterilize the desks with alcohol.
- We have decided to suspend after school activities such as our language exchanges.
- We have posted QR code linking to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare website in every classroom.
- We have encouraged students and staff to avoid going out to nonessential places for the time being.
３.In Case of Student Illness
- We are informing students and staff to stay home if they exhibit cold symptoms.
- If students need to be absent, we ask students to contact the school with their symptoms.
- If a student is absent due to a cold or illness, we will check in to see how the student’s condition is.
- If a student is in need of medical assistance, we will support the student in finding a hospital.
4.For Newly Accepted Students
- We are checking what airline and what airport new students are using to come to Japan.
- We are requiring students coming from China to self-quarantine before attending school.
5.About School Closures
- We are following Japanese immigration policies for school closures.
- In the future, if the situation changes, we may close school accordingly.
We will change and update this policy as the situation changes.
Kudan Institute of Japanese Language
School Principal Junko Kitagawa